We understand that the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic go beyond physical ailments. You or other members of your family may feel alone, scared or overwhelmed. Below are links of community resources that may be helpful to you during this challenging time.
As always, you can also reach out to Barrington Pediatric Associates with any questions or concerns. We are here for you.
– 24/7 support to Rhode Islanders 18+ experiencing mental health and substance use crises
or for adults experiencing any mental health or substance use crisis that may be made
worse by COVD-19 pandemic.
– 24/7 Crises Line: 401-414-5465
– 24/7 Text Line: 741741
BH Kid’s Link
– 24/7 support for those under 18: 855-543-5465
SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
– 24/7 national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for those in
emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
– Text: “TalkWithUs” to 66746
– Website: www.disasterdistress.samhsa.gov
Domestic Violence/ Child Safety
Child Protective Services 24/7 hotline: 1-800-742-4453 (1-800-RICHILD)
Investigators are able to conduct home visits on a case-by-case basis.
RI Coalition Against Domestic Violence (RICADV)
- 24/7 hotline: 1-800-949-8100
- 8am – 9pm online chat www.ricadv.org/en/get-help
RI FOOD BANK- https://rifoodbank.org/find-food
- Grab & Go Lunches/ Food Site for Children: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/about/foodsites/
Updated Healthsource RI info: www.healthsourceri.com
RIPIN Healthcare Advocates: https://ripin.org/services/services/#callcenter
- The RIPIN Call Center offers free support to any Rhode Islander who needs help accessing healthcare, health insurance, or special education for children with disabilities.
Rhode Island Parent Information Network (RIPIN):
Tips to keep your family safe during COVID: https://familyhealthduringcovidri.org/
COVID-19 testing: portal.ri.gov
COVID-19 results: portal.ri.gov/results